In SHARE, Groups organize posts based on:
- niche subjects,
- geographic location, or even
- membership of an organization (for instance, if you're a volunteer or a staff member)
They help to provide structure to discussions and activities, while allowing you to access a sub-community who's interested in the same thing. Wouldn't you like to share resources, successes or grievances with other practitioners who work in the same area as you do? What about belonging to a group of domestic violence advocates who share the same passions as you do?
This is where groups come in.
To view a list of all groups available on Change Machine, click on "Groups" on the top navigation bar.
Groups help to organize posts based on varying topics of interest, geographic location, or even membership of an organization.
To join a group, click on "Groups" on the top navigation bar.
Once you've identified a group that you'd like to join, click on the group's name. Then, click on the "Join Group" button.
If the group you've joined is a public group, you'll be added as a member automatically.
However, if the group you've requested to join is a private group, your membership will be pending approval from the group's managers.
Creating a Group
To create a group:
- Visit SHARE on the top bar.
- Click on "Groups" on the top navigation bar.
- Then, click on the "New" button on the top-right.
Viewing Group Members
To view all the members of a group:
- Navigate to a group whose members you're interested to find.
- On the right sidebar, look for the "Members" widget and click on the "View All" link.
You will then see a list of all the members of the group.
Updating Group Email Notification Settings
For each group that you're a member of, you may adjust the frequency of email notifications you receive for that specific group:
- Navigate to the group page whose email notification settings you'd like to update.You may visit the desired group's page by clicking on the group's name in your news feed, or clicking on "Groups" on the top navigation bar, followed by the desired group's name in "Active Groups".
- Below the group's name and icon, click on the "Manage Notifications" button.
You may choose to be notified via email of new posts by the following frequency:
- Every Post
- Daily Digest: a daily summary of the day's posts
- Weekly Digest: a weekly summary of the week's posts
- Turn Off Group Email