The Data Portal within the MANAGE platform area brings the data your organization tracks to life.
Accessing the Data Portal
To access the Data Portal, visit the MANAGE platform area, then click on the "Data Portal" button on the top-right.
In the Dashboards tab, a dashboard is a visual display of key metrics that your organization may track. Each chart and table has an underlying report.
Each premade dashboard is organized by categories:
- Coaching Leads
- Summary Statistics
View the list of dashboards by clicking on the inverted triangle to the left of the "Refresh" button.
Refresh for the latest data in Dashboards
Data from reports and dashboards are available in real-time.
To pull in the latest data for dashboards, click on the "Refresh" button.
Review and Customize Reports
A report is a list of data that meet the criteria you define. It can be filtered, grouped, or displayed in a chart.
Reports help managers to extract, summarize, and organize data that are important to them. They also help to answer questions that you or your funder may have, and provide insights for you to take action.
To access reports, visit the Data Portal within the MANAGE platform area, then click on the "Reports" tab at the top.
To find a specific report, there are several methods you may use:
1) Type in a keyword under All Folders
Beneath the "All Folders" header, type in a keyword you're looking for in the search bar. This will filter for reports that match your keyword.
2) Look within folders
Preset reports are organized into different reporting folders. Select a folder that best matches the type of report you're looking for, and click on a report that best matches your needs.
Tip: Use the Essential Reports tool in the Manager Toolbox to see a list of recommended reports to help you get started.
Understanding report names
Premade reports on Change Machine are named by using a specific naming convention.
The first letter indicates the type of report (whether it's about meetings, actions, credit, and so on), while the subsequent three-digit number indicates whether it's a customer-level or meeting-level report.
For a detailed explanation, refer to the Report Key tool in the Manager Toolbox.
Filters are a powerful feature to drill down to segment of data you need. Here's how you may use filters to further personalize your reports:
1) Visit an existing premade report.
2) Click on the "Customize" button.
3) Under the "Fields" left sidebar, drag and drop a field you'd like to filter for into the right side of the screen.
In this example, if you'd like to filter data based on the different sites you have, drag and drop the "Site Name" field from the left sidebar to the filter space on the right.
Logical and comparison operators are available so that you'll be able to filter for the exact data you need:
- not equal to
- less than
- greater than
- less or equal
- greater or equal
- does not contain
- starts with
You may also modify the filter logic by:
- Look for the "Filters" field at the top.
- Click the inverted triangle next to the "Add" button.
- Click "Filter Logic".
The digits correspond to the filters below. You may use parentheses, AND, and OR statements to customize the filter logic.
Tip: Commas in report filters act as OR statements. For example, if your filter is Site Name equals "ABC, XYZ", any data that matches either ABC or XYZ will appear in your report.
Once you've selected the right combination of filters you need, select the "Run Report" button to check your work.
Then, hit the "Save As" button so that you'd be able to return to the report you've customized in the future.
Filter reports by time period
If you're interested in filtering data by a specific time duration, use the fields within the "Time Frame" box.
- Date Field: select a time-related field that you would like to filter data by.
- Range: select a time range you would like to narrow down the data by.
Once you've selected the appropriate time frame, click the "Run Report" button.
Summarize reports by key fields
To organize data into a meaningful structure you prefer, use the "summarize information by" fields.
The two "summarize information by" fields are located at the top of a report, where a dropdown list of reportable fields are located.
Drill down to filtered data
Once you've established the report's structure through filters and summarized information, you may drill down further on the report to only display the data you need.
On the left side of the report, check the rows of data that you would like to narrow down to.
Then, scroll all the way down and select how you would like to drill down the data by from the dropdown list.
Export reports for further analysis
The data your team has collected with Change Machine can be exported for further analysis in a third-party software, such as Microsoft Excel.
To export your report, click on the "Export Details" button.
- Export File Encoding: you may select the file encoding of your file, such as ISO-8859-1, UTF, or more. If you don't know what this is, it's safe to use the default option.
- Export File Format:.cvs (Comma Delimited).xls (Excel Format)
To access the Baseline Report, click on the "Baseline Report" tab on the top navigation bar.
The Baseline Report displays baselined information and changes in the data so you can see the impact your program is having on these buckets:
- Asset balances: how much of your customers' total assets have increased since they met your coaches?
- Income: how much of your customers' total income have increased since they met your coaches?
- Banking costs: how much in financial transaction costs have your coaches helped your customers to decrease?
- Credit score: how much in total credit score points have your coaches helped your customers to increase?
- Credit score established: how much in total credit score points have your coaches helped your customers to increase when they initially didn't have any credit history?
- Debt: how much of your customers' total debt have decreased since they met your coaches?